Archive for March, 2012
I’m moving on to the corridor sets and the Turbo lift I still have to make. In addition I have to matt Rosie and I into the window of a TOS shuttle for that shot where we approach and see the Sirius for the first time. We all ready have the green screen shot.
At this time until I get it on our website it’s time to start asking for help from the fans beyond the donations.
Here’s a short list of what we need to shoot the first full episode. And this must be in the Los Angeles area.
1. A DP with a good Cannon 60D or better.
2. Lighting package.
3. Stage space. It could be anything from an empty warehouse to a large workspace. Keep in mind we won’t be building entire sets so we don’t need a huge space.
4. Costume maker. Our uniforms will be different and easier to make then the TOS tunics.
5. Props. We are designing new props that are hybrids of the standard issue weapons. Our engineer character is very inventive.
6. A good make up person that knows how to apply my prosthetics.
7. A good sound man with a good digital recorder.
8. Sets. We need someone do make up green screen blanks and a few actual sections of our bridge. Again this bridge will be a bit different from the Enterprise.
This is just for starters. My wife and I are working on the script. We are hoping to shoot this summer after we finish the pilot.
If you can donate your time, space, or equipment and would like to be part of an LA based Fan Star Trek production please go to the website and send me an email. http://www.makestarshipsnotwar.com
Thanks so much!
This is a fine studio scale kit from Atomic City I’ll be building for a customer.
Part was is up:
Well still a long way to go yet but she’s shaping u. thanks for all the suggestions I got this ship has under gone some more major chances. Thanks to all of you that voiced your opinions you helped a great deal.
Here’s some video this time. Please excuse the unshaven tried old guy. Here are a few rendered pictures of a work in progress. I am getting closer to do some shots with this.
Well I’ve started the long and nightmare process of texturing this model. And as I go along and get settled in with her comments some of my friends had made haunt me. One was from my old Friend John. Get rid of those big ugly supports. So I loaded the model up and it was the wrong one that didn’t have them yet. Hmmm…”you know. I think he’s right”
So I contact Matt Boardman. He says send me a picture to see. Yep he likes it that way too. Very well off they come. So far the ship was built upside down and now we have righted it. Dropped the big supports and I streamlined it a bit more. But Chris (or the Evil Genius) said you need to make it older than 20 years. Well look at the registry number. 1492??? LOL! Well I’ll let you guys do the math and that’s how old and beat up she is.
I have just spent the day working on the saucer section maps only. I still have a long way to go but I know how you guys like to watch…the process, so here’s a few pics until I get video up tomorrow and a bit more done.