I got a lot more on the Enterprise D today and the Skydiver. On the d I managed to nearly finish the windows except for the neck which I’ll get done tomorrow and then it’s all downhill. I started this build about 7 weeks ago. I’ve been building both the Skydiver and the D at the same time too so it’s been a fairly brisk build. But always the big problem is keeping the pain stuck to this clear model that reminds me of Teflon. Once the windows are done it gets the clear coat which will stop anymore chipping of the paint one hopes.
I have another one of these kits and all the aftermarket parts for it for our show room but I think I’ll build something else like the Bad Azz BSG I have sitting waiting for me. Besides it’s in our script that Bill and Heidi Hughes wrote for our short film: “Martians Attack SNG”. So it’s a prop. Works for me.
The skydiver now has all its panel lines back long sanded into oblivion by its former owner. I still have to do the bottom side tomorrow but it has less and will hardly ever be seen. Should go quick. In the sequence of photos you see the process of sanding the top of the tape first, removing the tape, sanded the overlap edges of and dusting the hull to reveal nice crisp panel lines.
Oh that’s me in the sixth finger mask. It fits well but needs more padding up top which is why I’m holding it up with my fist.