Author Archive for Steve Neill


My Skipjack in action



Paul Butchers Incredible Poster

“But Something is There” is all finished being shot and we are deep in post production. But to add inspiration to the mix Paul just did a second poster for the show and this one is it. This is the official poster for our show. I was gobsmacked when he sent it. It hits all the marks.




Frame grabs

A couple of frame grabs from the video of the ME 262 flying. One of my favorite jest to fly!


me 262me262b


The latest at SNG…

Was a busy week and a busy weekend.

The sub is finished except for BigDave’s avatar being placed on the hull in his memory. She trimmed out perfectly as the pictures show. Later tonight there will be video on our show of the trimming process.

This weekend was the FUN Fly Electric RC planes event put on by my dear friend Tony Naccaratto. It was a perfect day of flying all kinds of war birds, jets and civilian aircraft.

And gentelman there named Mike Gaasch took these wonderful inflight pictures of my 15 year old B-29 which originally flew at one of Tony’s events and came from his Hobby store back in 2004. Now closed. Mike took some great shots of this old girl Lady Luck and she always has been to. Just after this flight the speed control which was the original ESC failed once I taxied back to the pits. It glitched the system so badly it trash an aileron servo breaking its gears. If this had happened in flight the plane would have been lost. She is a lucky girl indeed. I plan to refit her with new equipment, new decals and make her all clean again for more years of flying. I also flew my Beaver, Habu and Me 262. All performed well and had many flights.

What a great week!

Be sure to click on the pictures for larger images.



We finished Shooting the Pilot

It took almost a year but we did it. We are finished shooting the pilot.

Yesterday we had our last shoot in Ojai at the lovely home of Dr. Chris Landon and his wife Robin who we thank so much for their kindness and hospitality!

The location behind their house was perfect for the scene we shot which is the very opening of the show before the title sequence.

I want to thank the entire crew for all they have done. Never have I had a more dedicated and professional group of talented people to work with in my entire very long career. I love all of you with all my heart!

Mary Cacciapaglia Paul Gentry John Catalano John Catalano Jr. Issac Blair

Tim Oglesbee John O’Leary Paulina Henao Giselle Arzola Paul Butcher

Whitley Strieber Robb Wolford Jeff Bond Logan Bond Tammy Klein Scott Mark

Glenn Campbell David Alan Graf Kim Roesenbrock Yvonne Smith

Brent and Tonya Owl Bear April Malloy Peter Fox Julie Norin Fox Steve Altman

Sharon Uhlig Antonia Henderson Dr. Chris Landon Robin Landon

David Munowhich Emily Habib Jena Ware Jim wolf Lorena Reyes

Nathan Bjomberg Sameria Mazon Ve Neill Tomas Martin Brad Hoplock


If you aren’t familiar with this project go here:



Skipjack update…nearly done

I have been a busy bee as of late and the boat is pretty far along. I’ve painted the boat and have the hold down figured out. A Simple stainless steel screw through the bottom hull at the tip of the stern into the guide pin already provided worked like a charm.

Waiting on a Viper 15 ESC to show up from Harbor models to complete the WTC and I should be able to trim the boat in the test tank next week. Done a full week before the Regatta. Fastest boat I have ever put together.

I must have built 50 boats in my time here but this one took the cake one build time.

I’m thinking Fly Sub next. I have one of course. But first and other R-Class from OTW. Another Cient build.

More on this boat next week.








Been awhile but here’s an update

Been so busy at the studio it’s hard to post. I have been working a bunch on the Revell skipjack with hopes of having it completed by the next Regatta on the 15 of April. I’m doing well. Got the water tight cylinder nearly completed complete with ballast system which I made myself. Servos all in. Control surfaces all hooked up. Made a mold off their supplied scale prop and produced my own out of two part polyurethane resin.

Most if the hard stuff is done and I’m awaiting the delivery of a ESC or electronic speed control that controls the engine’s forward and backwards throttle.

So next I’m moving on to drilling drains and putting the raining plastic parts together and painting the boat.

Nice thing about this model is I can trim and balance it in that big fish tank (we call it a test tank) and it will be ready for action when I take it to the lake.

These larger display models are a great and inexpensive way to make a nice RC submarine. They convert well especially at this size.

I wrote this on the subcommittee website. Great place to learn about radio controlled submarines.

I made the pump controller setup yesterday. I need to remove it from the cylinder so you can have a better look later today but it works like a clock and didn’t take much time to make. Simple tire valve, a 12 dollar servo, 50 cent micro switch, some styrene, fuel tubing and one of Bob’s 18 dollar pumps from Nautilus Drydocks and we are in business. Thanks as always goes to BigDave who taught me all this in the first place.


April 2017
« Mar    

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 298 other followers